Ontario is reviewing its College Funding Formula - students have 10 recommendations for a more fair and sustainable way of...
- Liberal Budget Forgets Ontario Students Yet Again TORONTO–The 2014 Ontario Budget has been served for a second time and still contains nothing to support the province’s struggling college and university students, missing a crucial opportunity to invest in young people. “Twice in one year, students have been completely forgotten by the Liberal government,” said Alastair Woods, Chairperson of the Canadian Federation of […]
- Students available to comment on 2014 Ontario Budget TORONTO–Representatives of the Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario will be available to comment on the re-tabled 2014 Ontario Budget immediately following its release on Monday, July 14, 2014. Students presented a number of recommendations to government for the provincial budget including reducing tuition fees by 30 per cent for all students, and a cost-neutral proposal to […]
- Liberal budget forgets Ontario students TORONTO–The 2014 Ontario Budget contains nothing to support the province’s struggling college and university students, missing a crucial opportunity to invest in young people. “This budget makes it crystal clear that students don’t register as a Liberal priority,” said Alastair Woods, Chairperson of the Canadian Federation of Students-Ontario. “We have a generation struggling with rising […]
- Federal budget makes new investments in grants and research funding, misses opportunity to support Indigenous learners For Immediate Release OTTAWA – Students are pleased to see the Liberal budget making substantial investments in non-repayable grants for post-secondary students, youth jobs and public research, but are disheartened that there is no commitment of additional funding to Indigenous students through the Post-Secondary Student Support Program (PSSSP). “From ballooning student debt loads to poor […]
- We Will RISE This weekend, more than 200 racialized and Indigenous students are coming together in Scarborough, Ontario – the traditional territory of the Mississauga of the New Credit First Nations – for the historic Racialized and Indigenous Students’ Experience Summit of the Canadian Federation of Students. Throughout the past two years, student activists have been successful in […]
- Canada’s Students “Step It Up”, Release National Vision for Consent Culture Ahead of UN International Women’s Day OTTAWA – The Canadian Federation of Students released a National Vision for Consent Culture in Post-Secondary Education today ahead of International Women’s Day on March 8, which is themed “Step It Up for Gender Equality”. “This national student vision is the next step in building a culture of consent on our campuses and within our […]