The Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario seeks an Internal Coordinator, based in Toronto, to assist with organizing and coordinating Ontario Executive Committee Meetings, Ontario Skill Development Symposiums, Ontario General Meetings and other meetings and events of the Federation.
The Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario (CFS-O) represents 350,000 college and university students from over 30 students’ unions in Ontario. CFS–O is an autonomous, incorporated, not-for profit organization, affiliated with the Canadian Federation of Students, which brings together over one-half million students across Canada. The Canadian Federation of Students was formed in 1981 to provide students with an effective and united voice, provincially and nationally and to provide cost-saving services to its members.
For more information, please visit: www.cfsontario.ca
Contract duration: Full-time, permanent position
Start date: February 26, 2018
Salary: Approx. $2,200 bi-weekly, plus benefits
Unionized with: Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 1281
The Internal Coordinator shall undertake duties as directed by the Federation’s Ontario Executive. Such duties include but are not limited to:
Internal and Resource Coordination: Maintenance of the Federation’s Toronto Office and maintaining the official documents of the Federation, including but not limited to the constitution and bylaws, operational policies and issues policies and managing the Federation’s files and general records.
General Work: Attending and assisting with the organizing of provincial and national general membership meetings and executive meetings; engaging in collective office work, including general operational and day-to-day administrative responsibilities; working collectively with the other Federation staff; and performing additional duties as assigned.
- College or university education, or equivalent work experience;
- Current knowledge of the Ontario government and the Canadian political process, and of the aims of and issues facing the student movement in Ontario and Canada;
- Knowledge of the Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario, the Canadian Federation of Students and the representation and services provided to their membership;
- Experience in the student movement in Canada;
- Strong organizational and data management skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and the Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite; and proficiency in working in a Macintosh environment;
- Ability to speak and write in both English and French, considered and asset;
- Work some weekends and late nights and
- Willingness to travel.
The Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario is an employment equity employer. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialized people, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women.
Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified. No telephone or email inquires.
Multiple jobs may be posted, please use the following subject line:
“Application: Internal Coordinator”
Deadline for Application: February 16, 2018 @ 5 pm