The Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario seeks a Digital Media and Graphic Design Coordinator, based in Toronto, to assist with graphic design, branding and promotion of events, campaigns, and services, in print and online.
The Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario (CFS-O) represents 350,000 college and university students for 38 students’ unions in Ontario. CFS–O is an autonomous, incorporated, not-for profit organisation, affiliated with the Canadian Federation of Students, which brings together over one-half million students across Canada. The Canadian Federation of Students was formed in 1981 to provide students with an effective and united voice, provincially and nationally and to provide cost-saving services to its members.
For more information, please visit: www.cfsontario.ca
Contract duration: Full-time, One (1) year contract
Start date: November 27, 2017
Salary: Approx. $1,900 bi-weekly, plus benefits
The Digital Media and Graphic Design Coordinator shall undertake duties as directed by the Federation’s Ontario Executive. Such duties include, but are not limited to:
Graphic Design: designing and producing printed and electronic materials for projects, services, outreach, promotions, publications, campaigns and events; designing and maintaining branding, logos and fonts for the Federation’s organizational, campaign and service identities; establishing style guides for the use of logos, fonts and brands; and coordinating the work of any designers, illustrators, photographers, videographers, or contracted creative service providers.
Digital Media: Advising the development and coordination of a communications strategy to ensure the Federation’s effective and inclusive communication with its members through various different media, including but not limited to: videography; photography; website maintenance; promotional materials; advertisements; letters; posters; signage and social media.
General Work: Attending and assisting with the organizing of provincial and national general membership meetings and executive meetings; engaging in collective office work, including general operational and day-to-day administrative responsibilities; working collectively with the other Federation staff; and performing additional duties as assigned.
- College or university education, or equivalent work experience;
- Knowledge of the Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario, the Canadian Federation of Students and the representation and services provided to their membership;
- Experience in the student movement in Canada;
- Demonstrated experience in branding and marketing for print and online;
- Proficiency in CMS, word press and nation builder required;
- Strong design, illustration and photo manipulation skills;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Bilingualism is an asset;
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and the Office Suite (2011 and above) and Adobe Creative Suite (Version 5 and above); and proficiency in working in a Macintosh environment; and
- Willingness to travel and work evenings and weekends.
The Canadian Federation of Students–Ontario is an employment equity employer. Applications from all qualified candidates are welcome; in particular, applications are encouraged from racialised people, Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, queer and trans people, and women.
Only those candidates contacted for an interview will be notified. No telephone or email inquires.
Multiple jobs may be posted, please use the following subject line:
“Application: Digital Media and Graphic Design Coordinator”
Deadline for Application: Wednesday, November 15 @ 5:00 pm